Four reasons why your support of The Billingsley School of Music & Arts makes a real impact in the lives’ of underserved youth who don’t have arts access.
1. We follow a time-tested approach to transformational change.
- We listen to the community and prioritize their most urgent needs.
- We know that communities are the best agents of their own change.
- We know that traditional development solutions will never adequately address the challenges our communities face.
2. We are efficient stewards of the money entrusted to us.
- You can trust that your donations are used wisely. We’ve used 97 percent of our resources to fund programs that give children arts access in Minneapolis.
- Only 3 percent goes to administrative costs.
3. We deliver results.
- Providing love and hope through the arts.
- Creating new techniques, programs and methods.
- Caring for and nurturing the whole person.
- Advocating for equal arts access and education opportunities.
4. We hold ourselves accountable both to donors and to the people we serve.
- Chief among our core values is accountability. We believe that it is our duty to be effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted
to us. We constantly monitor and evaluate the efficiency of our programs.
HOW WE ARE FUNDED
- BSOMA is primarily funded through the support of individual donors. We also raise funds through grants, corporate sponsors, foundations and community partnerships.
We are incredibly thankful for the support that enables us to do the work that touches the lives of so many young people.